About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 10, 2007

One More Snow Day


We were able to enjoy one more snow day together as a family. Cooper and Greyson were able to go outside and slip and slide on the ice. The trampoline was covered in a sheet of ice and they enjoyed smashing it. Phillip was able to work on his final at home today and answer questions his students had online so, he stayed at home. Ella was being a little fussy so she and I layed down for a (gasp) nap! It was such a nice treat. Phillip found out at Texas Roadhouse they have a special on Mon-Thurs that two can eat for $15.49 and Cooper had been begging to go so we decided to treat him. The roads had cleared quite a bit so we ventured out. We had never been to Texas Roadhouse, but it was so much fun. If you ever have qualms about taking a couple of boys to a resturaunt, you wouldn't there. It was great. You can throw peanut shells on the floor and they have festive, country music playing and plenty of rolls and cinnamon butter to go around. Phillip and I decided that they earned our business. After dinner we had F.H.E. Cooper has been asking to get an angel off of an angel tree from a Salvation Army. So, we decided that was a good idea. The boys decided that they wanted to help a little girl that was Gavin or Ezra's age (my nephews). Believe it or not 2 is a hard age to shop for. I felt that we had to buy age appropriate toys, but most toys are 3+ and up or for little children. We were able to find some things. The boys were easily distracted though and it ended up that I found many of the toys while Greyson and Coop were trying out the latest Diego or Thomas toy. Oh well. We talked about helping those that are less fortunate then we are and hopefully it sunk in. I talked to my sister, Liberty, today and she told me about a Sharing Time she did in Primary yesterday and how she asked questions about Christmas. She let me know some of the questions and so I decided to ask Cooper and Greyson the questions on our way home. Cooper actually knew more than I thought he would. In fact, I asked him where Jesus was born and he said Bethlahem in Judea. I was quite surprised because at the beginning of the season I had asked him what the reason for the season was and he said Santa and getting presents. Yikes!! I couldn't believe that I had a commercialized child. We had a bit of a talk after that comment. I think he gets caught up in commercials. Saturday morning is the worst. He has tried to convince me that we need everything from a "carpet" of flower seeds that you lay out and flowers grow to a little play house that has everything from a washer and dryer to a kitchen sink. What can I say, I have domestic boys. :) They did seem to enjoy F.H.E. overall, though. All in all it was a good snow...ice really, day.

6 comments:

whitney said...

That's ok-I love your little commercialized domestic boys! Sounds like Texas Roadhouse is a lot of fun. We'll have to check it out...although since the peanuts and cinnamon butter are verbotten for Ez, maybe not so much.

Alabama Apples said...

I hope all is well with you guys and the ice. The city made the news this morning with OK being in a state of emergency. The angel tree sounds fun. Last year we did toys for tots and thought we'd do it this year, too. I love hoe excited Jos gets about doing it. He loves picking a toy for those without. It makes me feel good to see that my child has a heart (especially when at times you wonder! :P)

The DeVito's said...

I LOVE Texas Roadhouse! hmm. . . makes me think Frank and I should go there for a date tonight!

My family has started doing a family from the Angel tree every year instead of giving to each other. I love it, because we are giving to someone that really needs stuff.

Carrie said...

So funny!! Bruce has tried to get me to buy the same roll out carpet of flowers. He says, "Don't you want that, don't you?" Sounds like it was a fun evening!!

The DeVito's said...

Just wanted to let you know you made the today show this morning! Well, it was OKC but still it was near you. Hope you all aren't freezing to death!

whitney said...

You've been tagged! Go to my blog to figure out what I mean...