About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside!! Brrr!!!

Tonight we were able to go to the Guthrie, Oklahoma "Victorian Christmas Walk-Around". It was sooo cold. It was like 24 degrees with a wind-chill factor of 15 degrees. It is not normally this cold, so we had to bundle up! My family was able to go with my youngest brother, Mack and my sister, Whitney, and her family. We had a fun time, it was just so cold! I had little Ella in my sling and she was in a jacket, her little knitted cap from the hospital (it's purple with a little pom-pom...so cute), her flannel blanket and her fleece blanket. She was snug as a bug in a rug. In fact, she slept the whole time. I was a little worried she would be cold, but thankfully she wasn't. The boys were bundled in scarfs, hats, and mittens and they seemed to be just fine.

The town of Guthrie has a lot of the same buildings that were originally built with the town. In the display windows they show people or items that would've been at the turn of the century during Christmas. It is quite fun and festive. They even have a convincing Santa! Yay! We took the boys and they were able to meet the "real" Santa and Mrs. Claus. Cooper had to take some coaxing, but he finally took a picture with Santa. Santa picked up on Cooper's name right away and called out to him. It was so cute. While we were leaving Santa let out an authentic ho-ho-ho and Cooper's eyes lit right up and he looked at me and smiled. It was great.

Here are the pictures of my chilly boys and "real" (!) Santa!

By this time Cooper was pretty confident of Santa and was even more comfortable with his brother and Dad around.


Here's Ella all cozy after we were done with the Walk-Around.


Ella getting ready to go home in her carseat.


Here we are at home all warm and cozy in our jammies after our cold Christmas outing!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the pictures of the kiddos all bundled up. I have been watching the news and they keep mentioning Oklahoma and all the ice storms...sooo cold. Ella is so cute! I love that cute baby stare! It reminds me of Bree. I love the hair do! I just cut mine short, but it has layers that I will grow out. I think I want it one length with a long layer...not the choppy look. Yours is really cute!!

Alabama Apples said...

First of all, you are so beautiful!! I just saw you and that was the first thing that came to mind! You kiddies are too cute. Brrr! Today was in the upper 50s and I thought it was cold, but we loved it. I remember going to that with you all one year, too fun! I'm glad that Coop was impressed with Santa, that makes it soo fun! Love you!

whitney said...

Oi-I get cold just thinking about it! I'm glad the boys got a chance to meet the real Santa (instead of just that other inpersonater). It sure does make for some cute pictures!

The DeVito's said...

I'm with Liberty! I immediately thought how beautiful you are. BTW-are you going to try to go to the 10 year reunion next year?

Chantel said...

It was so good to "hear" from you! It is funny how you can catch up with lots of people through blogs! Your kids are DARLING!! It was fun to read about what is going on with you .