About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

First Ward Christmas Party

We went to the First Ward Christmas party yesterday with my parents and sister, Whitney's family. Getting there was quite the marathon for me. Phillip was at school finishing up his final and so I was on my own getting everyone out the door and looking presentable. I always think that I can do more in a block of time then I am really capable of. Sure enough, that was the case. I went home to get the kids and myself ready, nurse and conjure up some traditional Christmas dessert. What exactly is a traditional Christmas dessert?? I dunno. Anyway, I got the idea that we could get a cute picture of the kids on Santa's lap in sweaters and Ella could be in her "party clothes". My sweet sister, Liberty picked up some darling black velvet pants with a bow in them and a red shirt with a satin collar. Very cute and festive. So, that is what I decided Ella would wear and the boys could be in sweaters. So, when I got home I started to nurse Ella while the boys chilled out in front of PBS. Then I realized I had under an hour to go and I still needed to go get Phillip. So, I tried to nurse and pick out the boy's sweaters and Ella's outfit at the same time. The boys were pretty good about changing..so, I was thinking I'll be fine. Then I realized that I was looking pretty haggard and I needed to change. I went into my bedroom and tried to rustle up an outfit. Not a pretty sight. I did end up finding that I fit some pre-pregnancy jeans (yay!!) but I have some buldges that I didn't have before in the tummy area, well for that matter buldges all the way around. I needed to hide the buldges, but between the buxom breasts and the tummy buldges I was getting pretty frusterated in the shirt department. You should see my closet floor. It is a disaster. I went through sweaters and jackets...you name it, I went through it. By this time Ella is screaming bloody murder and I still need to touch up my makeup and hair, not to mention dress her up on her party clothes. I finally got myself kinda ready and decided to dress Ella, who by the way is still screaming. I put the clothes on and find out that she needs red socks. I can't find them anywhere. When in doubt check the dirty clothes tower. Okay, I finally find them and put them on Ella. They looked very soggy on her. Plan two, find her white frilly socks. Okay, now I need to change her bow. Now I have one child down and I need to get to the other two. Luckily their sweaters were on, no shoes and now Ella starts spitting-up. Yuck...no good on a satin collar...leaves spots. Okay, now I start loosing it. The boys still need their hair done, shoes on and Ella is all wet and spitty. Remember, I only had an hour...I am way past that and I still need to come up with a dessert and pick up Phillip. I manage to get the boys' shoes on and do their hair. I was breathing fire and even the dog was scared of me. I wrangle them all out to the car with the camera, coats, empty platter that should be filled with some Betty Crocker masterpiece, Ella in her carseat, purse and diaper bag. I finally call Phillip who thinks I must be dead on the side of the road by now because I have missed all of his call and I am 45 mins. late. I finally get to Phillip and I run into a supermarket and pick out some cranberry, walnet bread and arrange it on the platter as we pull up to the party. I am frazzled and we haven't even walked into the church party. When we get there Ella is a bit fussy, so my mom helps out. The boys started out behaved, but as the night wore on they ended up become more and more nuts. All I kept thinking was, the picture with Santa will make it worthwhile. Well, as it turned out the party came to a close and still no Santa. I found out that Santa would be showing up after the party...okay. It will still be okay. As it turns out I managed to forget that Cooper is super anxious about strangers. You think, Santa is no stranger...Cooper is no dummy. That isn't the REAL Santa and he doesn't know that stranger under that cheap, white beard. Well, if Cooper is scared then so is Greyson. Well, Grey finally conjures up enough courage to go meet Santa and so we wait in the line. It wasn't exactly an orderly line and it was taking an awfully long time. Grey realized that Cooper wasn't with him and he bowed out. So, no picture with wilty Santa. By this time Cooper is in some corner in time out, Greyson is now sulking (as is Cooper) because they didn't meet Santa, and Ella is spitty and wet. But, I was still determined to get a picture of my kids. I need to post them on my blog, after all!! So, I gather my kids up and here you go...my *sigh* Christmas party pictures.


At the party we were able to have Bad Brad's BBQ and there were paper on the table that they could write to the missionaries in the ward (yay, for Jesse). The boys enjoyed the coloring. In the last picture Greyson is using the cup as a drum while everyone sings Christmas carols.


Here are the pictures after the non-Santa mishap. I was going to get those pictures, darn-it!! Greyson seems to be really excited to smile...or something and posing a baby is a bit difficult! Oh, well. :)

5 comments:

whitney said...

Your dirty clothes tower and wilty santa-LOL! You kill me! You've seen my clothes tower, so you know I get ya there. Once again we have gorgeous pictures of your children w/out even trying. Ezra would be having a complete meldown if we tried to pose him at the beginning of the party let alone at the end when he was tired and pouty(as your children supposedly were, you wouldn't know it from the pics!). I loved Ella's party clothes, by the way.

Alabama Apples said...

I LOVE you! I know the situation...but it is sooo very funny when it is not me!! Your boys look beautiful and Ella is a princess in her party clothes. Yeah for thrift stores! Suspect of Santa, huh? Poor Coop, Jos was no dummy, either, so we emphasized Santa's helper. Grey cracks me up with his grins! Oh I miss you!! Everything is better when we're together!! Love you!

The DeVito's said...

That's so funny! I can totally picture you! Especially the breathing fire part!

The DeVito's said...

Hey I was going to tell you. Check out Chantel's blog, she has WAY cute bows that she makes. They would be darling for your little girl! If I knew I was having a girl I would buy a ton of them!

Carrie said...

That is sooo funny! I have had many of those days...like today (something with baking all day, delivering treat plates with screaming children and a baby who wanted to be nursed and put in bed...wanted to bag it and go home, but carried on!) I can so picture your running around the house with a baby attached and throwing clothes everywhere...I would've loved to see Phillip's reaction when you got to him!