About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...(or at least a skating rink)






















It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...or a least a skating rink here in Stillwater. We had our first ice storm of the season. Down here we get winter weather that makes the world glisten with ice. It also makes the roads quite tretcherous. The conditions were such that church was cancelled today. So, we carefully made the trip to my parents home a few minutes away and had Sunday dinner with my family. Cooper and Greyson decided that they were going to go out and play at Mimi's. They remembered last year's ice storm and decided that they were going to take their bike helmets, knee and elbow pads. Phillip and I got a chuckle out of that. While we were at my parent's Cooper decided that he was going to venture outside. In the pictures above, Cooper is showing us a sheet of ice that he picked up off the ground. He also is showing how the grass is frozen. It really is crazy. Everything just freezes as it is. You can take a leaf and snap it right in half. After Cooper tried to make a "ice angel" by laying on the grass (not much luck with the angel part), raked up ice off some landscaping and did some ice exploration on the trampoline we decided that surely he was cold enough. Cooper then came in and I made him one of his favorites, hot chocolate. He loved it. Cooper is now holding his breath that school will be cancelled tomorrow. It just might, too. The weather is supposed to continue through tomorrow, we may just need those helmets and pads yet. :)

4 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Crazy how weather differs...it is in the 70s here. Uggh! I preferred upper 50s and 60s here, but at least we don't have an ice storm. I love the pictures! Coop is so cute and I loved how I could see mom's tree in the background. Give Coop a big hug from Auntie...I sure miss you guys!!! Love you!

holyoak said...

I like the blog Stephie. It is a fun place to visit. Here I thought bloggers were Irish dancers...:)

The DeVito's said...

And I thought we were cold! It is getting down to 30* at night at 57* during the day! I don't know that I can ever do the cold again.

Thanks for the comments about my house we are trying to get it together! It's a lot of work!

whitney said...

Burrr! Cooper is one brave little soul! The weather is defintely frightful...now if we could just get that fire part!