I (Stephanie) have been tagged! Here are the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you...Julie(my super-cute and very trendy aunt, whom I adore)
2. Post these rules.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. (yikes!!)
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
Alrighty, here goes nothun'...or everything in my case.
1. I love vacuum lines in the carpet. I know, I know, I'm a nut. It must have come from growing up in a house where we vacuumed sometimes twice a day. I haven't continued the twice a day vacuuming in my house, a bit of an overwhelming thought, but I still get all warm and fuzzy inside when I see them.
2. I need my children's hair done for my mental health. Okay, that might be an overstatement...but still nearly true. I feel like my life is in a bit more control when we all look presentable. I think they look better, too. I love their hair newly cut and done. Mmmm, makes me smile right now thinking about it.
3. I hate, hate, hate the feeling of wet cotton. Ewww, it makes me shudder. I also hate to wear nylons around the house. As long as I am wearing shoes, I'm okay, but when the shoes come off so do the nylons. I can't stand touching the ceiling of a car while I'm at it. Shudder, shudder.
4. I have a hard time finishing projects. I love starting them, but once I get going I loose intrest. The best project for me can be done in one day or...well, just ask my mother about a wooden scarecrow that has been sitting in her garage for the last two autumns.
5. I have to have the kids' and my bed made before I leave the house. Also, I need the dishes cleared into the sink (at least...into the dishwasher is best). The kitchen counters cleared or at least organized, the kitchen chair cushions put back onto the chairs (they are regularly pushed off), the living room floor picked up, the couch cushions fluffed (not have the sit-on look) and the t.v. armiore closed all before I leave. If I don't, then I hate coming home and facing it. If all of that is done I breathe a lot easier.
6. I have bad-day food. I am listing this not to make my mother feel bad ('cause I know she does about this) but because I think I'm wierd. I have this term "spaghetti in the green pot" and that means bad-day food. You know, when you make something when you don't want to cook, and the family is feeling a bit grumpy (or maybe it was just me and that was my take as a eight year old girl) and you just throw dinner together. That is my definition of "bad-day food". And so, there are just some foods that have that negative conotation. Such as, spaghetti and the sauce all mixed together (they have to be seperate for it to be "good-day" food), Sloppy Joes, and french-cut green beans (ewww). I do need to put a disclamer in here (I love you, Mom and thank you for making us dinner even when your stinky daughter groaned and complained and you probably wanted to do a million other things besides that).
Alright, well that about wraps it up. As I have thought about it, I have about a million others and I am glad that the tag only asked us to list six. If I had continued you may have wondered about my mental health. ;)
I tag: Holly, Melissa, Carrie, LeAnn, Brooke, and Melanie!
General Conference Weekend
5 days ago