About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Questions

Here's the picture of my tree, Lib. :)
Here are the kiddos before church.
Here's Coop and Grey.

Okay, I had high hopes to answer a Christmas question every day...as you can tell I haven't gotten around to it. So, my little brother sent me this and I thought that maybe this will do.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper for Christmas. I love wrapping presents for Christmas. The last few years my mom and my sisters will get together and just wrap, wrap, wrap. It is one of my favorite things at Christmas.
2. Real tree or Artificial? well, I love lots of things about real trees...the smell, going and picking one out, but I have to go artificial for cost and ease...plus who can not go pre-lit!!
3. When do you put up the tree? usually we put it up the first few day of Dec., but this year we put it up the week after Thanksgiving and that was fun, too.
4. When do you take the tree down? growing up the tree was down days after Christmas, but since I've been married I've been leaving up until right after New Year and that seems to work for me. I love to sit in a dark room with just the Christmas lights on, so I suppose I prolong keeping the tree up for that reason.
5. Do you like eggnog? I love eggnog...mmmmm!! In fact, there is an eggnog ice cream here that I love, too and now that I think about it, it is great as an eggnog shake as well. So, I guess I'll take eggnog in a number of forms. :)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Ohhhh, I have lots. I loved Christmas as a child. My mother loves Christmas and that is reflected in my memories. One of my favorite gifts has to be getting a baby doll that I really wanted. I had to be around 5 or 6 and the presents had been opened and my parents said that there was one more gift in the closet and there sat a baby doll for both my sister and myself. It was great. I also loved a porcelin doll that I recieved.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Oh, I wish that I had a real, special one. Maybe that will be something I will add soon. My mom and I were talking the other day, and she suggested that I get one so that I could have my family add a piece of straw to baby Jesus' manger for every good deed around the holiday season. Phillip's family did that when he was growing up and I think it's a good idea. We do have a Fisher Price nativity that sits under the tree so my children can play and handle it. I thought it would be nice for my kids to be able to play with it and see it often so that they can be reminded what the true reason for the season is.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Ohhh, I don't know. Maybe my dad, he doesn't give a very long Christmas list.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom and my sisters are way fun for me to buy for. I go all year long looking at things I would love to buy for them and and so at Christmas I get the chance.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I can't really think of one.
11. Mail or email Christmas card? Mail all the way. I love HOLDING a card and seeing pictures and putting them on my fridge.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I really love them all. Some of my favorite memories grwoing up are being able to stay up and watch the traditional children's Christmas shows, like Ruploph and The Grintch, etc. I have tried to do that as a mom with my own children.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try and start in late Oct. or Nov.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love holiday desserts...mmmm! There is also a particular cheese ball recipe that I happen to love.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I love the classiness and crispness of white and that is what I have, but growing up we had colored, so I love those too. How can you really choose?? They are both wonderful.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Hmmm, let's see...I am loving the Josh Groban's new Christmas CD, I guess maybe Oh Holy Night, I don't know, there are just too many.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Phillip and I rotate Christmas and Thanksgiving between his family and mine. His family is in Noble, so it's not much of a travel. :)
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Let's see, Donner, Dancer, Comet, Blitzen, Cupid...I'm stumped at the moment. I've gotten Mommy Stupid lately..I was sure I could pull those out.
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Star...in fact I have a star themed tree. I love 'em.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Since I was little we have opened one gift on Christmas Eve and that was great. Now that I have kids we have started opening PJ's on Christmas Eve that Santa's Elves leave on the front door step.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I'll have to steal Mackie's...not having snow on Christmas eve or day.
23. Best thing about Christmas? Everything!! I love the holiday season. I love the family, the giving and sharing, the traditions and memories and the time the world takes to think of Christ a little bit more.

2 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Your tree is so beautiful! I love it! I wish mine looked like that!! ( I know, it is a lot of exclamations)...your kids are so cute! Is Ella's dress the one from Aunties? I love her big fluffy bow and the skwalling mouth! It is fun reading your Christmas answers. I love you!!! I miss you!!!

Mere said...

I want your tree!!! If I could have my dream tree, that would be it. I love the country-ish feel of it.

Your kids are so adorable. They always have such good smiles for the camera (well, I guess except for Ella in that picture, but that's okay!)

I laughed at your "Mommy Stupid" comment. I think it gets worse with each additional child. Maybe that's why I still only have 2 kids - I can't afford to be any dumber! ;)