About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Okay, so long time no post. Sorry folks. We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. We started Christmas with a super-fun Christmas Eve. I think that that has to be my favorite day out of Christmas and Christmas Eve. Wierd, I know, but there is so much excitment and enchantment and the traditions...yay, I love 'em. For Christmas Eve, we decided to have a hot dog cook-out in my parents back yard. It was so fun. It was cold, but the fire was so warm and we were in coats and had blankets, so it was alright. The boys (Cooper, Greyson and my nephew, Ezra) actually played most of the day with my Dad, while he was tending to the fire. My sister, my mom and myself were inside baking and baking and baking. For some reason, I decided to reserve all of my holiday baking for that one day. I have learned to spread it out in the years to come. :S So, when evening came, we all went out back and ate smores' and hot dogs.
The whole family during the Christmas Eve cook-out.
The boys having fun.
My sister, Whitney and her cutie little daughter, Georgia. Aren't they so darn cute?!!
Greyson, Ezra and Cooper during the cook-out.
Ella all bundled up during the cook-out.
Me and my boys.
Then, we came in when it got too dark and Santa Elves delivered the kids' jammies. It was great. The kids came outside and saw the presents on the front steps. Then they ran outsideto see if they could see the elves. It was so fun. Then they all sprinkled Reindeer Dust on the front lawn. We then trooped back inside and started our annual FHE with the kiddos in their new jammies. We played our bells, my mom read her new Christmas book, we watched the Nativity put out by the church, (FYI if you play the Nativity w/o any sound and Celine Dion's O Holy Night to it it matches up perfect and is really neat. I highly recommed it) and my sister, Whitney, made food that Jesus could've eaten. There were dried dates, grape juice, fruit you could dip in honey, hummas and pitas, olives and an olive oil with seasoning that you could dip in and some veggies. It was quite yummy. Then we laid out Santa's cookies and milk and food for the reindeer. Cooper even wrote a thank-you note to the elves for his jammies and a note to Santa, as well. All in all it was a great evening. The boys' even went to bed quite easily. Yay!! You can't beat that.

Cooper finding the gifts Santa's elves left for the kids.

My babies all ready for Santa!
Then the real fun began-according to my boys..bright and early at 7:00 in the morning. Cooper got an Imaginext castle and Greyson got an Imaginext pirate ship from Santa. They love them. Ella recieved a Boppy bouncie seat. Smart Santa!! It is as girlie as you can get. All of the baby equipment that I have is boy or neutral, so I was excited for this gift. There were so many great gifts. Thank you to all that spoiled us!! We were also blessed to be able to hear (!) my brother who is serving in Bolivia. Jesse has been down in Bolivia for only a few days since he has been at both the MTC in Provo and then in Peru. He was able to talk to all of us from a calling type center. He is doing well, has a bit of a culture shock, but learning a lot. He is the only American within at least four hours. His companion is Spanish, and they are the only companionship in his area. So, Jess told me he reads his scriptures out loud in English to hear English. It was wonderful to hear from him. Definetly one of my biggest highlights of Christmas.
Santa left Greyson a "Bob Umbrella". He loves it!! Whenever we had seen Santa this is what he had asked for.

Ella playing with her brand-new vacuum.Phillip and his fun camping presents.Cooper showing off his new chef costume.

A few days after Christmas we headed down to Noble to be with Phillip's family. I was able to go to my sis-in-law's wedding shower and see my newest nephew, Harrison. He is too cute. I wish I had brought my camera to show you him. He is being blessed this upcoming Sunday, so I'll take pictures then. But, the highlight of the trip was a train ride for my boys and their cousins. Grandma gave my boys a train-ride to Paul's Valley for Christmas. They loved it, especially Cooper. Grey got a little bored after about 15 mins. but it still left an impression on him. He will start talking about it out of the blue. Thank you Grandma!! Then came New Year. We spent New Year's Eve also at my parents with my sister, Whitney and her family. It was lots of fun. I had been battling a bout of stomache flu during the day, so I was glad to be able feel good enough to enjoy the festivties. We spent the evening eating, talking and playing games. Then we came back over New Year's and spent the day making our first (on our own) shrimp boil. We enjoyed our first shrimp boil in Alabama last Spring Break at my sister, Liberty's home. So, we decided to boil it up in celebration of the New Year. My sister, Whitney, also made some yummy coconut shrimp. Then we sat down and played some games. So, for all the friends and family we were not able to be with to ring in the New Year--we wish you all the best in the coming new year.

4 comments:

Mere said...

What is with the stomach flu? I got it the day after Christmas - ick.

You guys are all so cute. What fun traditions!

whitney said...

Your kids are just too cute! Cooper has possibly the brightest smile I've ever seen-you can practically see his teeth gleaming! I love all pic of you and the boys-so cute!

Alabama Apples said...

I love you! Everytime I look at your blog I think how cute your kiddies are. You all looked so cute for Christmas! I love Ella's hair! It looks like it has totally gone curly. I love you!

The DeVito's said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas! Your family is too cute. I think I figured out that Frank is only a year younger than your Mom! CRAZY, huh?