About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jean Shopping

All I can say is icky, icky, icky. I hate jean shopping. I have the particular body shape that needs a short length, flared width, some stretch to them and a dark wash. I have found some jeans that I actually can stand on me post-baby. If anyone is looking for some fairly inexpensive jeans---as far as that goes---and any of my above criteria, NY and Company jeans fit my bill. It is much more fun shopping w/o baby weight still clinging for dear life under my skin. I think in my head that I don't have the extra "curves" but shopping for jeans this past weekend as truly opened my eyes. So, horray for NY and Company jeans that allow me to go into public and fitting my post-baby body!!

5 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Yeah for a new entry!! Without Kit here, I spend way too much time on the computer. You're so cute, Steph! I know you are harder on yourself than you truly look. I love my NY jeans, too. It is nice to know you can put on at least one outfit without looking like a complete porker. As long as I ignore the practically preggo-looking belly...Whitney has nothin' on me...unfortunately.

whitney said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes you'll have this idea in your head of what you think you look like (like when you're pg or just had your baby) and then you look in the mirror and it's like, "eek! is that really me?". Then again, you could be mom (or you, Steph, on occasion) who just thinks she's sooo much fatter than she could possibly ever be in real life :P (that's me sticking my tongue out at her).

Mere said...

Oh, I am so with you on hating jeans shopping! I'm not fat, per se, but I have a huge booty and I can never find anything that fits! I always have this big gap in the back of my pants so when I bend over, you can see EVERYTHING. I never buy jeans without trying them on because it's rare that I find something that fits well. Ooo, and don't get me started on low rise jeans - ick!

Carrie said...

I TOTALLY feel for you! Every time I go to get new clothes I realize I am much bigger than I thought I was...SUCKS!

Alabama Apples said...

I read your comment to Coty- Steph, you have such a wonderful way of saying things!! I love reading what you write, to me and others. Thank you for commiserating and cheering up. I love you and good luck with you upcoming week!!