About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Weddings, Tupperware and Veggie Tales

Okay, okay so those things might not neccesarily go together, but that is what my family and I have been up to. Those things are also the reason that I haven't been posting much lately. Last week I spent a good portion of time doing something related to my sister-in-law, Emily's, wedding. Emily asked me if I would do the flowers for her wedding. With help from my mother, we did my other sister-in-law's flowers for her wedding. So, I suppose that Emily thought that I could do hers, as well. Emily's wedding flowers tended to be a bit more difficult for me to do. There were actually quite a bit less flowers, but it was the type of flowers that I had to work with that was the problem. Since Emily had a winter wedding, she chose blue flowers with crystals. It was something that neither myself, or my mom had worked with. We were able to muddle through, but the flowers ended up being exactly what Emily had wanted. *Whew*! I didn't take pictures of the flowers, I ment to, but never got around to it. When we get pictures of the wedding maybe I can figure out how to post them. On Thursday afternoon we headed down to the City to help decorate for Emily's reception. She had it at the Capitol building. It was free to rent (can you believe that?!!) and I recommend that EVERYONE that comes to Oklahoma should tour it. The Capitol building where they built the dome is gorgeous. I was breathtaken by the murals. Long story short, we finally started decorating around 7:00 that night. I tied many bows on the back of chair covers and Phillip put up a flocked Christmas tree, then we left for home. We had to be at the Oklahoma City Temple at 10:40 the next morning. Can I say early?! My parents were superstars and drove down to the City to watch my kids while Phillip and I were in the temple. The temple president performed the ceremony and then it was outside for pictures. It was so cold. Poor Emily was in a beautiful dress that my mother-in-law made (!), but it was short sleeved and she looked so cold. After the pictures my parents and my family went to lunch and then they took my boys while Phillip and I went back to the Capitol to help finish decorating. It was beautiful. Everything really came together. One of the highlights of the evening, for me, was seeing Cooper show how mature he can act. My nephew, Nick, was asked to sit at a front table to ask those who came to the reception to write down some advice, get a package with some Grandpa Cookies and get their pictures taken for their guest book entry. Cooper saw that Nick was sitting there and wanted to join him. We explained to Cooper what Nick was doing so, he wanted to help. Nick would sometimes wander off, as boys tend to do, but Cooper for the most part stayed sitting at the table. He took the job really seriously. When Phillip took Cooper to get some food across the room, Cooper saw some people come in and he was so worried that "the people wouldn't know what to do!". It was nice to see Cooper show a more mature side, it gives a mom hope. :)

Greyson, Aunt Emily and Cooper at the reception.

Greyson, Grandma with Cousin Ivy and Cooper (oh! note the corsage) at the reception.
Grey, Grandpa, Coop and Cousin Ivy.

The next day was Saturday and Phillip and I faced a perplexing problem. We wanted to get out of Dodge, but responsibility was calling. I have been, let's just say...avoiding...getting down the huge tupperwares and going through the boy's clothes. Putting laundry away is a daunting task when you still have Summer clothes (yikes!) still in the drawers. Enough was enough and so Phillip got the bins out of the attic. It is an ugly job, but we were already doing laundry, and if you ask me, there is never a good time to go through the tupperwares. So, I took the job head-on. Phillip and I didn't get the job done fully on Saturday, but we knew that Monday was a holiday, and we could finish it then. So, sure enough today came and we finished up the job, mostly, today. We still need to put the tupperwares up in the attic, but at least we can put this seasons clothes in the drawers.
The boys were climbing the walls this afternoon, so we decided to go and do something fun. We looked up on the internet some fun places to go and visit, we found some fun ones, but they were either closed due to the holiday, or just didn't stay open that late. So, we decided to go to "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything". It is a Veggie Tales movie. We don't go to the theatre that often, so it was quite a treat for my boys. It was a pretty cute movie, something that parents can stand to sit through. I was really impressed how clean it was. You just never know what you are gonna' get even with "G" movies these days. So, in a nutshell that is what the Humphrey clan has been up to. It has been busy, but fun. We have a really fun week coming up. Cooper's 6th birthday is this Thursday and Phillip's birthday is next Monday and my sister, Whitney, is Sunday. Birthday central!! Also, my mom, my sister, Whitney, and her kids and me, Grey and Ella are going to Alabama to visit my sister, Liberty, while her husband is away this Friday. So, it is going to be a fun, but very busy week getting ready for birthdays and our trip. I'll keep 'ya posted... :)

4 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Yeah for you! You have accomplished a ton. I know you have been crazy-busy lately. Tell Cooper that I am so proud of him for being such a big-boy. We will call him on his birthday. I can't believe he will be six. Isn't it crazy how time seems to fly by. Your kiddies are so cute! I know I say it a lot, but it is the truth. They are so cute in the pics with Phil's parents. You'll have to let me see some of Emily's wedding pictures...I hope that everything will go well in their marriage. I love you and I probably shouldn't be writing a novel on your blog comments...I'll just wait for you to come here and I'll talk your ears off then. Yeah! I seriously get so excited thinking about you all coming out here!!! Love you!

whitney said...

If I didn't know that you had Grey yourself, I'd think you had stolen him from Emily he looks so much like her! Let me personally attest that the flowers were very pretty. I'm so glad that Emily liked them-that was definitely the scariest part of the whole job!

Alabama Apples said...

I love your background. Where did you get it?!!!

Michelle said...

I love seeing pics of your kids! I think you should start charging for your flower services! I bet they were beautiful! Also, you are not the only one with clothes still out from last season. I have a pile on Ashlyn's floor! That was actually on my list for today. (Obviously, I am putting it off while I am on the internet) :) Love ya!