About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 4, 2008

"Throwed Rolls", Blue Rabbits and "Beads Please!"

So, I just returned from one of the funnest trips I have ever taken. I was able to go down to the deep-South (Mobile, AL) and visit my sweet sis, Lib, and her cutie, little boys. I went down with a crew...Greyson and Ella, my mom and my other sister, Whitney and her two chillin', Ezra and Georgia. We had so much fun, but the children were sometimes a handful. I must admit, though, it could've been much worse. We put the children through the wringer...i.e. we did some great shopping. :) Lib actually lives in a great place, she lives a little out of downtown Mobile, so you don't feel like it is big-city, and yet she has access to a lot of shopping. About an hour away is a Tanger Outlet (fabulous!). I hit the sales right-on. I bought some fantastic things for my kids, especially Cooper, for next year and this coming Summer. I am way excited. There is also a second-hand store that is a must visit...who can turn down clothes for pennies?!!
Liberty also has a great backyard. It is fenced-in with a covered patio. We bundled up the kids in jackets and their hats and they were off to the great outdoors. It was wonderful. They played all sorts of things. Some of their favorites were "Bob the Builder" (they take odd pieces of lumber and "build" with them and use play hammers, etc. and bang w/them...a young boy's heaven), they also would dig at some sand w/ sand toys and plastic spoons. They would come in with dirty knees, but very satisfied.
Josiah and Greyson having "cousin time" on the couch.
Jos holding a "squiggily" Ella. :)
Ezra and Gavin wanted to be by Ella...so cute!
Georgia loves to climb up onto the swing and give her cousin, Ella, "loves".
A high point of the trip, for me, was all the talking. It was wonderful!! We would put the kids to bed, and start just talking. We talked about current events and just caught-up with eachother. It will be some of my favorite memories. I learned that my sister is a left wing liberal (j/k!! ;) and just fun odds and ends that come from discussing. It was great.
Cutie little Georgia hanging out with the "girls".
We were able to go to Lambert's home of the "throwed" rolls. If any of you ever get a chance to go...go! It is so much fun. It is down-home cookin' and you get the opportunity to actually catch(!) your rolls...which are quite fabulous. I took a pictures of my nephew, Ezra, taking a bite of his roll which was nearly the size of his 2 yr. old head. We then headed outside and they were able to play with the wooden train that was build right outside of the restaurant for kids to play on. It was a beautiful day and perfect for exploring on a train.Gavin and Greyson playing on the train with their Lambert balloons.

(above) Jos, Grey and Lib having fun on the Lambert train.
We were also there to celebrate Whitney's birthday. Happy birthday, Whit! It was very fun to be together to celebrate and to shop for her birthday. She is such a skinny, little thing it is very fun to dress her. :)
Another one of my favorite things that we did was go to a Mardi Gras parade. Can I say...FUN?!! I have never been, and so I was excited that Mardi Gras was being celebrated while we were down there. People will actually camp-out in downtown Mobile in campers for Mardi Gras. We went to Daphne, which is a town on the other side of the Bay. We were hoping to avoid some crowds, which we did, so it was great. It wasn't too cold and so we all could have fun. If you have never been to a Mardi Gras parade (we went to a family-friendly one) you wave your hands at the people in the parade and yell "Beads!!"...or in my nephew's case "Beads, please! Beads, please!". The masked people will throw beads, stuffed animals, candy, Moon Pies and of course, BEADS!! It was so much fun. You have to be careful, though. They toss beads in your direction and they can land anywhere. So, you needed to watch out for your head. :) There were fantastic floats and great Cajun music. The people will also decorate their homes and buisnesses for Mardi Gras. It was very fun and festive. It would be an annual favorite for me if I lived down there. Phillip is jealous and wants to go down next year...you don't have to twist my arm. :)
Greyson all bundled-up for the Mardi Gras parade.
Mommy and Ella all cozy waiting for the parade to start.
All the kids lined up waiting...and waiting for the parade. It was worth the wait!
Beads, please!
I can't forget to mention one of the highlights for Greyson...Blue Rabbit Paradise. It is similar to Chucky Cheeses, but w/o all the games and grime. :) All the cousins climbed and crawled up onto a huge castle. It was a lot of fun for them. They also serve up pizza, which was interesting. Our little cook dumped the pizza on the table and served us less-than-perfect pineapple. We were understanding, but did get a fresh pizza. Again, it was great to just be together and talk while the kids were playing. I am planning on going back to the Blue Rabbit with Cooper when we visit during Spring Break (yay!)!
Thank you, Lib for the wonderful time. It was one of my very favorite trips. I loved being together with all my sisters and mom. It was fabulous and cozy....it will be something I will always treasure.

My boys are wearing housecoats that I got a super-duper deal at Children's Place outlet.

7 comments:

The DeVito's said...

Glad you had a fun time! Your pictures are all great. I can't believe how much Lib looks like you, with her blonde hair.

Alabama Apples said...

Yeah!!! I loved reading your blog! It makes me wish it wasn't over yet...in fact, I'm struggling with writing my blog 'cause I just miss you guys too much...how far away March is!! I loved the pictures. I didn't take very many. Your boys are so cute in their house coats. Was Coop excited? I love you and miss you. Give your babies kisses from me. Give yourself a hug!

PS-Everyone, I'm not the liberal!! :)

whitney said...

You say left-wing liberal like it's a bad thing, Steph ;). Who knew you were such a right-wing stick-in-the-mud? lol Oooo, we just has so much fun! Mardi Gras was just fabulous and who wouldn't love all the good deals we got at Tanger? We'll definitely have to go out as a group again!

The DeVito's said...

Steph, where you been? I miss your updates!

Coty said...

Oh how fun!!! You guys are all so adorable, what a fun family to be apart of huh? I would love to be a fly on the wall of a 'holyoak reunion'...epitome of girlee giggly greatness...I love it. The kids look like they will have great life long buds with all those fun cousins to pick from.

The DeVito's said...

LOL. I should have given that speech! I told him that the next time we are finding out!

whitney said...

Ok, missy. I don't check your blog five times a day for nuthin'! Let's shake things up!