About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Sound of Music

Well, we are actually owners of our very own piano. No, I am not that accomplished as a pianist and neither is Phillip, but we have high hopes for our children...who doesn't though. :) The piano fell into our laps and we were fortunate to have the opportunity to purchase it. We came by it because a family in the first ward was downsizing and decided that the piano was one of the things that had to go. Phillip, my dad, brother, and brother-in-law moved the piano, and I had the pleasure of figuring out where it belonged in my home. I invited my mother over and we got to rearranging. (I am not sure what I am going to do w/o her when I move...plane ticket, anyone?) The end result makes me smile inside. I love it. I remembered that I had some things that I had purchased at Affair of the Heart (my favorite craft show). My mother and I decorated using those things and others that I purchased at the most recent Affair of the Heart. I ended up decorating more things than the piano..."when you give a mouse a cookie", type thing. But, like I said, I love it. Here are some pictures to show you the end result.

The last few pictures are to show those who have been to my home where I moved things around to. I wanted to show my sis the picture of the plaque...I bought it at Affair of the Heart and it is hanging above the door going into the laundry room.

6 comments:

The DeVito's said...

I love it! It's so you! I wish that I had room for a piano. I would love to take lessons again. How fun!

Alabama Apples said...

Way cute!! The piano looks great! Thanks for showing me how you rearranged the room.

whitney said...

As the only one here who as actually seen all that in person-I must say it's all very pretty. My older sis is so darn talented. Now she just needs to come over and help me finish my house...

Coty said...

I love it! I love your willow tree figurines too, a personal fav although I only own one :)and those wreaths...just gorgeous. Good job you little interior decorator.

Annie said...

Congrats on the piano. Pianos are awesome...

I'm glad you found my blog. I didn't know you had one. It's amazing at how many people you can connect with on these things. Anyway, I'm excited to check in on the "Holyoak" girls...

Tiffany said...

I love the piano! We have been looking for one too. I want to teach my kiddos how to play. Who was getting rid of that beautiful piano?