About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Belated Summer Fun

For some reason Blogger isn't allowing me to scoot these swimming lesson pictures down to the bottom of the post...grrrr. I'll have to edit it later... So, when you are reading this these pictures should have been last.

Greyson playing in the pool on the last day of lessons

Cooper in the deep end after he got to go down the super-fun slide

My cutie-patootie Grey
Cooper after he had jumped off the diving board

Cooper swimming underwater

"Look Mom, no life jacket!" (wahoo!)

Greyson getting ready to go down the slide
As I mentioned in the previous post- I have a lot of catching-up to do. So, I am diving in head-first.
My kids had been asking us nearly all summer to go bowling. So, after a long month of Phillip going to Tulsa M-Th 'til around 9 p.m. we decided to treat our family to an afternoon of bowling. The boys were estatic. We all had a great time and as an added bonus Ella slept through about half of it and so I had my hands free. The boys did really well...you 'gotta love bumpers. I, on the other hand, did not do so well. I decided that you really do have to practice! I finally figured some things out-like I have to roll the ball a little more to the right or else I would gutter the ball. Overall, it was a lot of fun and a nice, air conditioned break.Cutie-Coop with his toothless grinGreyson looking very excited

Greyson's own way to roll the ball down the lane

Cooper getting ready to bowlElla taking a much-needed rest

Now, the next part is a very tardy post on the boys' swim lessons. This year I did something a bit different, and I was super glad that I did. I enrolled the boys in two swim lesson sessions back-to-back. They did really well in the first session and learned even that much more in the second. I was really pleased to see how much they progressed. Greyson got to Level One and Cooper progressed to Level Two. Cooper ended up swimming like a fish and Greyson was learning to swim a bit on his own. Both of the boys had the same teacher for Level One and she was great. It was nice to have a teacher that was competant and really cared. The boys looked forward to their lessons everyday and got a cute little tan out of the whole deal, too. I, on the other hand nearly melted. With temps over 100 degrees and the heat index higher, I have never wished that I could be in a pool more. Overall, it was fun to see the boys swim and progress...even through my sweat.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute- swimming lessons are the best and it looks like your boys had fun and you too (minus the hot temperature) and what a great night to go bowling! How fun! Way to avoid the gutter ball too- just kidding. I stink at bowling but maybe that just means I should go more often.

Melissa said...

Me again- I didn't know you read the Twilight books?? Did you know that a bunch of us from the ward are meeting at Panera tomorrow at 10am for a "book club" featuring Breaking Dawn. I would love to hear how it was your favorite of the 4- I didn't enjoy it very much.

The DeVito's said...

Looks like you have had a very fun and busy summer! I love Ella's care seat!

Mamapierce said...

I love those last-minute family outtings. And bowling is SO fun to do! :o) Such cute pictures! Ella is getting so big - she's adorable! :o)

whitney said...

It looks so nice and cool in the pool-I know how much you must've been melting! Bowling looks fun too-I can't wait until our kids are old enough to actually enjoy it enough to go(I think Ez is getting there).

Chambers Clan said...

I was a slacker mom with the swimming lessons. Last time I enrolled my daughter, she insisted I get in the pool every day, and now with three I was a little nervous. You are brave! The boys are too. That's amazing that they aren't afraid to dive! I love bowling even though I'm not very good. At least it's a time to be with the family right?