About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Firsts

I thought that I would post about my little Grey. Often I lump Cooper and Greyson together. Because I do that, Greyson has been able to experience a lot of things earlier than Coop did. Sooo, hence the title of this post...I decided to write about Greyson's recent firsts.
I enrolled both of my boys in soccer through the YMCA and Greyson was able to play his first game on Tuesday. He was so scared. He loves to play and kick the ball at home, but around a bunch of rowdy and loud kids he just doesn't feel comfortable breaking his way into the group and taking control of the ball. I was a little surprised at this reaction at the game, but really I shouldn't have been. Greyson is a crazy boy at home, but just like his older brother, is quite uncomfortable in unfamiliar situations. He was uncertian about what exactly he should do (even though we took him to practice) and when he figured it out...sort of...he just didn't want to get into the game. He was well supported. Me, my mom, my brother, Phillip, and Cooper were all in attendance cheering him on, but he just decided watching was best. I have been encouraging him off and on since the game, reminding him that soccer is fun, and he would have fun "going and getting that ball". We'll see how the next game goes on Saturday. That said, we let him know that we are proud of him for trying new things even though he was scared.

Phillip helping Greyson feel comfortable before the game during the kids' warm-up/practice.

Grey during the game.

Another first that Greyson experienced was going to the dentist. Again, an unfamiliar situation and again the same reaction. Cooper went before him and was a total superstar. He even got x-rays done and he did just great. I was very grateful for Cooper's reaction because he often sets the tone for Greyson's. So, when it was Greyson's turn to get into the dentist's chair he was nervous, but he did it and he got a blue (his fav color) toothbrush to boot! All-in-all I was quite proud of both of my boys.
Last, but not least, we enrolled Greyson in Pre-K today. Another first for my little guy. He has been attending preschool a couple days a week for a couple hours...but this is public school...five days a week...we're in the big leagues!! He is super excited as he believes that he should be as old, if not older than Cooper, and he is constatly reminding me (and Cooper) that. So, if Cooper is going to school then naturally Greyson believes that he should too. It was a little difficult for Grey to comprehend what "enrolling" was, though. I told him what we were doing and he believed that Pre-K was today. I let him know that we were just signing papers for him to go and he would attend when Summer was over, I think he finally got, but we'll see. Sometimes, especially when we are driving in the car, he will start talking about something that I thought we cleared up, and I will have to re-explain said topic...again. :)
Good job, Little Man, Momma is proud of you. Keep on growing and learning and of course I love you.

7 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Hooray Greyson! Anna is the same way - she keeps saying that she'll be older than me when she grows up! And when she started t-ball last summer, she was a little apprehensive, but soon warmed up to the sport. I'm sure Grey will as well. :o)

p.s. I like your new layout! :o)

Alabama Apples said...

First of all...I LOVE the new look!!! Beautiful!!! Poor little Grey-Grey! I can see him nervous of all of his firsts. I ought to enroll Jos in soccer, he would love it, I think. You can tell Grey that Jos is going to go to school this year, too. I think that would be something he would think was cool. I love you! Give my niecey and nephews loves from Auntie!!

Coty said...

Stephanie, that is so cute. Don't you just love how kids personalities develop? I find it completely fascinating.
You are such a good Mom to keep encouraging him to push forward. Sometimes that's all they need, to know Mom & Dad have complete confidence in them even when they doubt. Good job Greyson (and Mom)!!

Melissa said...

Greyson is such a doll- I love his attitude- one day he is quite and shy and the next he is hilarious and crazy! I wish I signed Josh up for soccer- we will next year for sure. I don't know why I didn't

whitney said...

What a big boy he's gotten to be! He's just so grown-up now-a-days. How fun for him to be starting pre-k. He'll have a grand old time, I'm sure.

whitney said...

There...are you happy now:P?

The DeVito's said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting!

I love the black furniture!! I'm very excited for the rest of it to come in. I was worried it might be too dark for the room, but it's so bright that I think it will look great when it's finished.