About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Names, Names, Names!

After a fantastically fabulously fun week in Alabama helping my sweet sis celebrate her birhtday I'm back home and finally posting. I thought that I would start back into the swing of things with a couple of tags.


A friend of mine posted this on her blog and I thought it was hilarious, so I wanted to do it. So here goes.


My rock star name (first pet and current car):
Tanna Trailblazer
My gangsta name (favorite candy bar and favorite cookie):
Twix Peanut Butter
My detective name (favorite color and favorite animal):
Pink Dog
My Star Wars name (first three letters of last name and first two letters of first name then the word "of" then a medication you are on):
Humst-of-Ibuprofin
My superhero name (2nd favorite color and favorite drink with "The" in front):
The Green Daiquiri
My Nascar name (first names of your grandfathers):
Monte Gilbert
My "lover" name (name of your favorite perfume/cologne and your favorite candy):
Romance Peachies
Witness-protection name (mother's and father's middle names):
Jo Reed


Another friend of mine posted a tag that I thought was really fun. I am not sure if I'm the "Stephanie" she was referring to, but I thought I would do it anyway because it was neat. :) It is a name tag where you explain why you named your kids the way you did.


Cooper Davis Humphrey


Naming my children is one of the neatest and most fun things that I have ever done. I poured over names while I was pregnant, and as with all my other children, the names that I have chosen almost literally jump off the page at me and scream "this is it!!". Cooper's name was one of those names. When I saw his name it struck me quite hard because his name is my grandmother's maiden name. Evidentally, from stories my parents have shared, I had a strong relationship with my grandmother's mother before I came to earth. So, the name Cooper had a strong tie to my grandmother and her mother. Not wanting to decide so quickly, we kept the name of Corbin in the back of our mind as well. But, ultimately we had to go with the name "Cooper". His middle name is a mix between my great-great grandfather's last name and a last name on Phillip's side if the family.


Greyson Reed Humphrey


I love, love, love the name Greyson. When I saw it I just knew I had to use the name. I couldn't quite decide whether or not to spell is with an "e" or and "a". We finally decided on the "e" because I felt it looked more masculine. I just liked the way it looked. I also liked the nick-name "Grey". So, it was a perfect fit for out second son. His middle name carries much signaficance for me as well, as this is my father's middle name. My dad has always taught his children that there is a lot in a name. When my last name was Holyoak he taught me that wherever I went, so did my last name and whatever I did my name was attached to that action. So, when we decided on Reed it was to honor my father and to help carry on his tradition with his middle name.


Ella Grace Humphrey


We were sooo excited to be blessed with our daughter. Not only was she our first girl, but more importantly we waited for her. She has been a joy to us since we first learned we were pregnant. We decided on her name quite quickly, as well. Ella is just a beautiful name and my boys loved it. I mentioned a different name later in my pregnancy and they wouldn't hear it. Cooper and Greyson would even play pretend with their babies and they would be named "Ella" and "Georgia" (my niece's name). We all fell in love with the name. Ella's middle name, Grace, is a beautiful name, as well. I just love it. It also carries family significance because it is Phillip's grandmother's name. She was a beautiful woman both inside and out and I was happy to be able to let my daughter carry on her legacy. She passed before I met Phillip, but I am excited for the time that I will be able to greet the woman that shares a name with my daughter.


I would love to laugh-out-loud with your funny names and learn why you named your babies the names you did. So, tag!! You're it!

6 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Love this post! I'll play too!!!

Melissa said...

Yeah, I'm glad you did it! And yes- you were the Stephenie I was referring too. I think you have the best names and I really wanted to hear where you came up with them. I love the nick name "grey" too and I think Ella is the most darling girl name. It matches your sweet darling girl too! And I love the funny names too- they were great!

Mamapierce said...

How fun to learn about your heritage and how you passed that onto your children. Anna was named after Tyler's great grandmother - the first person to join the church in his family. We hope that Anna will gain a solid testimony like her great great grandmother. :o)

Anonymous said...

This is actually me, Phillip. I just thought that everyone should know Stephanie's real lover name. Her real lover name is Ralph Jelly Belly. Her favorite perfume is Ralph by Ralph Lauren, and she loves Jelly Belly jelly beans. Good try Romance Peachies (can't remember the last time she actually had peachies) but you will always be Ralph Jelly Belly to me

Alabama Apples said...

I thought your post was wonderful, hence mine. You underestimate your writing too much. I wouldn't have done mine if yours hadn't touched me!! I love you

whitney said...

ARGH! I don't know how I missed this post. I'm such a loser! For penance I'll accept your tag.

As for the names-love them, both your made up ones and the ones you used for your kids. I still think Greyson should be spelled w/an "a" though;);)