About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama

Ahhh, finally a post. Sorry for the blogging hiadus. My family and I have been sick and then a trip to Alabama and well, life. So, here is an update on our fantastic, fabulously fun trip to "Sweet Home Alabama".
Phillip and I decided to drive down to the deep South to Alabama where my sweet sister, Liberty and her family live for Spring Break. We went there last year and had an absolute blast and decided we wanted a repeat performance...and boy did we get one. We left early on Thursday the 13th of March...there were some bumps in the road...called health. Phillip (who NEVER gets sick) was throwing up and had a fever, was a trooper and drove and little Grey had a fever and had just gotten over the ickies...then Ella started with a fever. So we were the Sick Patrol coming to spread our germs all over Alabama. Nice. Don't worry, I had made sure with my sister that it was alright that we came-health issues and all. In fact, while we were there we picked up a lovely case of the pink eye--sickness just comes with family. We finally made it 14 hours later and we were so grateful to be there.
We started the next day with a celebration. My 28th birthday!! I got some really fun things and money to spend!! Yay!! I love SHOPPING!! We really took the day easy and let the kids play in Lib fantastic backyard. Kit then treated us all to an out-of-this-world cheesecake that he made from scratch. It really was incredible. Thanks, Kit!
We took the weekend easy went to the park and attended their Stake Conference. It was wonderful attending an actual church house as we have been out of ours for three years. It makes you grateful for pews.

Mommy and Ella at the Park

Grey and Ella...hmmm, could they be siblings??

Coop and Grey having fun at the park...gotta love that warm southern weather!

Little Gunner at the park. Isn't he beautiful?!!

We started our week at the beach at Daupin Island. It is so beautiful there. The beach is so white and the water is gorgeous. It was a little chilly...not too chilly for the kids to swim. You couldn't have caught me in that water...brrr! We enjoyed a picnic on the sand. The only problem that we did encounter was that Ella had a hard time breathing. It was very windy and the the wind swept her breath away. We put her in the stroller to cut down the wind. The boys had a total blast.

Josiah, Cooper and Greyson enjoying lunch on the beach.

Cooper feeding the seagulls. The birds would hover above him and catch the food he would throw them in the air.

The next day we took the family to a favorite-Blu Rabbit's Paridise. It is a pizza/playland. The boys have a great time...there was the occasion we had to pull them off the walls. They were literally climbing the walls. Funny.

Greyson enjoying lunch at Blu Rabbit's Paridise!!

Greyson and Cooper outside of Blu Rabbit.

We took a day trip over to Peniscola, Florida. It was so much fun. We went to McGuire's Irish Pub and Grill. They have over 1/2 amillion dollars hanging from the ceiling and stapled to the walls. We had to remind the boys that taking the money would be stealing...it was so tempting to them. You could literally reach up and grab it. The whole atmoshpere was neat. They even have bean soup dor 18 cents! The food was way yummy, too. Huge, huge burgers. Here's the family at McGuire's...Phillip's taking the picture

Here is the dollar that is currently hanging at McGuire's..."Humphrey Applegate Spring Break 2008"

We then went to the Naval Base to go to the Navy Airspase Museum. Can I say super neat...and free?!! Yay! There were planes and jets hanging from the ceiling. Models all over, if you ever have a chance to go...go!! My boys loved it.

Cooper and Greyson in the cockpit of a jet. They totally loved it.

Greyson and Cooper on a fighter guns from WWII. They had an actual flight deck off of an aircraft carrier. That was especialy neat for me to see because my Grandpa Holyoak served in the Navy and shot guns similar to these.

On Thursday we went to Tanger Outlet...yay for birthday shopping. It was great. The guys took the older boys while Lib and I shopped. It was quite relaxing and a wonderful break. Thanks, Daddies!!! On Friday, the day before we left, we decided to have a pre-Easter egg hunt. Lib and I filled plastic eggs with candy and hid them around the house. The boys had so much fun finding and eating the candy. You gotta love loot that you can eat!

Auntie Libby helping Greyson find an egg that was hid in her hurricane vase.

Cooper searching for Easter eggs. We used Wal Mart bags...classy, we know! :)

Gavin showing me his "loot"!

The boys after their hunt.

After their hunt, dinner and baths we let the boys decorate eggs for that coming Sunday's hunt. We took home 36 eggs. The two older boys were really into it and it was so fun to bring them home to MiMi to see.

Cooper showing off one of his favorite eggs.

Josiah dying eggs. Gotta love those jamies!!

After we tucked the boys into bed the adults had dinner. It was so yummy and a first for me. Kit prepared California Rolls (never had them!), spring roll and a fruit salad. It was all so wonderful. Kit really has a talent for cooking. We ate and savored the last few hours of our vacation. All in all it was so fantastic. We would do it all again...and we probably will. Thank you Applegate's for your hospitality and love. We miss you!!

7 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Wonderful!!!! You made it sound so quaint and fabulous. When I look back, that is how I view it too...then I really remember...Just kidding! I'm so gald you guys could come. I had such a great time and I wish you were close by me always!! I'm glad you will be coming here soon! I love you and give your kiddies kisses from their Auntie!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had SO much fun! I bet that was a nice get-a-way for spring break! HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!!!

Sandy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love the pictures of the kids having fun.

whitney said...

What fabulous fun pictures! I'm so jealous of ya'll! Hopefully we'll get out there sometime soon. It sounds like you guys had a fantastic time (as usual;)!

The DeVito's said...

So glad you are back! Sounds like you had a great time. I love your hair in that picture! Did you get a new haircut?

Mamapierce said...

I love that picture of you & Ella! SO CUTE!!! It looks like you had a fabulous time. :o)

Melissa said...

Wow- what a fun trip! You guys looked like you had a blast- and easter too! How many sisters do you have? Those pictures made me homesick for my family and sisters. I wish they lived closer. But I'm glad you got to visit and got to go to the beach!! Wow!