About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 7, 2008

A Happy Halloween

There are some uber-Halloween talented mommies out there (I know who you are!)...I do not fall into that category. I truly enjoy crafting...a lot (especially when there are no kids underfoot). But, Halloween costumes just do not fall into something I get all a-buzz about. This year though, was a small exception. I always enjoy seeing my kids all done up, I just don't really relish in getting to that point. I did have my sister here and was able to dress up my daughter for the first time. So, put those two things together and I got a bit crafty for Halloween. I was very pleased with the outcome...if I do say so myself. ;)
Whitney and I decided that we would dress up our daughters as fairy princesses...mmmmm, very fun. We luuuuv the really full tu-tus and decided that we would whip a couple out. It actually ended up to be quite an easy project after we figured it all out. Whitney's inspiration came from the Gymboree fairy costume and I just liked the colors I chose for Ella (she already had a black turtleneck and leggings). One thing led to another and I also ended up making a flower wreath for their heads...also easy once I figured out how to do it.
Greyson had picked out his costume forever ago at Old Navy. He loved the red dragon. I said, "okay Grey, Halloween isn't for a little while. You can't change your mind if we buy this". He said, no way! He loved it....and he did until he decided he hated the feet. They were big and poufy. Not nearly cool enough for him. We all tried to convince him that they were okay...but he was not going to be convinced. I talked to my mom about this predicament and she suggested that Cooper dresses up as a knight, Greyson the fire-breathing dragon and Ella as the fairy princess. The boys loved the idea that they were like a fairytale. That said, Greyson decided that the dragon costume was going to okay. We thought everything was okay until the night of the Trunk-or-Treat and he decided that the dragon's belly was too fat. I couldn't believe this!! What four year old has a complex on how fat his dragon belly is?!! I explained he wasn't fat--just round and Cooper explained that on Jane and Dragon (Qubo on Saturday mornings) Dragon's belly was round. Greyson decided that he could live with his poufy belly, and they all had a great time at the Trunk-or-Treat.
On Hallowen night we met up with my parents, Whit and her kiddos (Whitney's a super-hero in my book because she actually went Trick-or-Treating after having her baby 4 days earlier...we all had a lot invested in those costumes ;) and my family went around a nice neighborhood in Stillwater. Ella was just a calm as can be (she was so tired) and the boys had a lot of fun. Cooper and Greyson did think that things would have been much easier if they had rode their Gator around town. I was a bit flabbergasted at the idea. The way I see it, they are begging people for candy, they can put a little effort into the deal. After going around the neighborhood we wrapped up the night by visiting the Applegate's, which has become a family tradition. It's always fun for my boys to see Jos' Grammy and Poppa, even if Jos and Gavin aren't here.
Overall, it was fun for me to see my little fairy tale in the making...and we had a great Halloween too.

Cooper looking very "knightly".My fire-breathing Grey-Grey.
Fairy princess Ella.
My fairytale.
Mmm, aren't they cute?!

13 comments:

Cynthia Mann said...

So CUTE! I love love love Ella's tu-tu! I might have to do that next year for Kaitlyn. It looks great with the black.

Alabama Apples said...

They look fabulous!!! I absolutely LOVE your colors on Ella! I love the wreath of flowers...don't give us crap-you totally are crafty! I think your kiddies look fab!!!!

Coop- I love your knight costume. I would let you save me any day!

Grey- I love your dragon costume! You look so handsome and cute and frightening. I totally thought of the dragon on Jane and the dragon when I saw you!

Auntie loves you so much!! Hugs and Kisses!

Jos and Gav thought you both looked so cool! They loved your costumes!

Lively Luckinbills said...

That is a genius idea...the fairytale. I will have to remember that when we have a "knight" someday. The costumes look great, especially Ella's. Liberty was right about you being crafty...your whole family hogs the crafty genes. We luv ya anyway, maybe it rubs off;)

The DeVito's said...

They are so stinking cute!! Those are great costume ideas.

Melissa said...

Oh Puuleease you are an uber talented mom! WOW! I tried so hard to think of something my boys could be together but the monkey and iron man just wouldn't fit together. I love that you did it! A fairy tale! I LOVE it. So cute. And great tu-tus she looks adorable. the cousins together look great too.

whitney said...

So cute! Ella just looks beautiful in that one outside. You are so uber-crafty. I never doubted for a second that you could do the tutus and wreaths and then take fabulous pictures of your kids to boot ;)

PS-lol at grey's dragon belly complex.

Coty said...

so cute stephanie!

Annie said...

Very cute...even your big-bellied dragon... :)

Mamapierce said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Your kids make an enchanting fairytale!

Aubrey said...

Cute - I love Ella's fairy princess costume. You have such a beautiful family.

Jess said...

okay you moms that can do such things are amazing!! Where do you find the time. They look Great!!! so creative!

Alabama Apples said...

I just had to look again. they are so beautiful and their auntie misses and loves them (you all) so much!!! give them hugs and kisses from me.

Carrie said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! I love little Ella's expression.