About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ella Turns One

Ahhhh, I have computer back. I am so sorry for the noticeable lack of posts. Life has been pretty hectic and my son (I won't name names...'cause lets just say it was probably a combined effort of the two of them) broke the power cord...no power--no computer. So, my computer use was at a minimum to say the least. Lots has been happening this month, namely the birthday of my sweet daughter. Yep, that's right Ella turned one this past Wednesday. Can you believe it?Neither can I.
It was was quite the busy day for us. We went and visited my sister down in the City at the hospital with her sweet new baby, Scarlett. I went with my mom, Whitney's two kids, Greyson and Ella. Let's just say there was a lot of kids versus adults. We got through it and had a wonderful visit seeing little Scarlett for the first time. We got back in time to get Cooper from school and run a few errands. We picked up pizza for dinner (Ella l.o.v.e.d. the pizza...a girl after my own heart;) and had family over to help celebrate. We are so blessed to be close to family here in Stillwater. My parents were able to come, Whit's kiddos (Ezra and Georgia), my little brother Mack and my mother-in-law. It was so much fun to see the love and support for my sweet Ella. We ate dinner and then Ella opened her presents. My daughter has the oddest obsession with putting everrrythiiinnnggg in her mouth. I know, I know lots of babies put things in their mouth. No. Ella will put anything and everything in her mouth. I have had two other babies and have been around plenty of others and understand that she puts more in her mouth than the norm. Ella's chocking hazard of choice is usually paper-if she can get her hands on it. So, the unwrapping of presents presented a wonderful opportunity for plenty of paper eating. She loved tearing the paper and trying to eat it. Phillip and I quickly cleaned up the wrapping as soon as she was done (every small piece). She also has an uncanny way of finding near invisible things off of the floor and eating them. I was able to indulge a bit of my girly side and get Ella a Cabbage Patch Kid (squeal). I was so excited. I found a CPK Preemie at the store and was so excited. Ella is too small for the regular sized ones and when I saw the preemie I was so happy because it's just her size. Yep, I found that they still smell like baby powder, mmmmm, I transported my right back to 1986. Ella also received some very fun Touch and Feel books from my sister and parents. Ella absolutely loves books and the Touch and Feel books are her favorite. She also got some squeaky shoes. I am very excited about them because I think they are so darn cute. I also did make sure when I got them that you can remove the squeakers when I find that the squeaking just isn't that cute anymore. :) Ella also received a beautiful handmade quilt from her Grandma Humphrey. It is absolutely beautiful. Ella loves to sit on it and look at all the bright colors. My mom-in-law put on the cutest buttons on the flowers that Ella (and the boys ;) love to look at. It is something that Ella will always cherish.
We then moved onto birthday cake. As a tradition we always let the one year old "dig" right into the cake. And boy did Ella ever do that. She loved it! My boys were going bonkers because she was destroying the much cherished frosting. She had a great time and devoured it right up. It was a great day and I am so blessed to have Ella in our family. We waited much longer for her then we had expected. There is not hardly a day that I don't remember the ache that I had in my heart for my sweet daughter and then I look at her and see her in my arms and realize what a blessing she is. She is such a ray of sunshine in my family's life. Our family wouldn't be the same without my little strawberry blond sweetie. I love you Ella, more than you will ever know.
Ella is back in a hospital room a year later (I love this cheesy smile she has. She will crinkle up her nose and to me, it is very cute)
Ella's getting the hang of rippin' the paperMmmmm, lovin' the taste of paper
Cheese, Dad!!
Oooo, luuuuv my pink cell phone and keys!

Grandma, brothers, Ella and her beautiful quilt

I loooove frosting!!

Yep, Mom gets to wash me off (lucky her ;)

11 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Birthday!

Daniel celebrated his 2nd b-day on the 25th!

Jules said...

What a little doll! It's hard to believe she's already 1!

Alabama Apples said...

I am so jealous 'cause Ella is so cute. I miss you Auntie. I like Ella. She is so cute. It was kinda funny when she put all the cake in her mouth. I love you.

Josiah

Coty said...

She is so CUTE, Stephanie. I love first birthdays, they are the best!!!

Happy Birthday Ella!!!

Jenny said...

Love the cake pictures! Ella is cute as a button!

Aubrey said...

Oh - Happy Birthday to Ella. She is adorable!

Cynthia Mann said...

Cute pictures! I love her little curls! Looks like you had a fun time.

Mere said...

She is so cute and chubby! You dress her up like the doll she is. Happy Birthday, Ella!

Mamapierce said...

She is adorable! I love her cheeks! :o)

Melissa said...

Oh what a darling little one year old! She is so adorable. Happy birthday! I love seeing babies dig into big chocolate cakes.

whitney said...

yay! yay! for first birthdays! Happy Birthday Miss Ella!

Ella just is so beautiful. She really, truly gets prettier everyday. It was so much fun having you come to the hospital...if not a little crazy ;)