About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thank You, Gustav!

It is an unlikely title, considering that Gustav was a hurricane and many people don't like storms, but for him, I am extremely thankful. He brought my sister and her little boys to Oklahoma. It was an extremely unexpected visit, even the day before she came I called my sister to see if there was a chance she was coming and she said it was unlikely. Then, lo and behold Gustav plays a little game of Chicken. He went east, then west and the forecasters were having a to play a little bit of a guessing game as to where exactly Gustav would hit the hardest (for that little game, I too am very grateful). Because of the little bit of uncertainty, and the Coast Guard wanting their families to be safe, they sent orders out for families where my sister lives to evacuate. So, up to Oklahoma my sis trekked (bravely, I might add) with her little munchkin boys. It was such a surprise to see them. It was a stolen week, if you will. I was able to introduce her boys to the Omniplex-every time I've been there I've thought of them and how they would love it. It was so fun. We were able to do a little bit of shopping at Target (my fav) down in the City and just enjoy each other's company. I miss her dearly and am trying to figure out how to really live today without her company. I guess, when you miss someone that much it just makes it that much better when you see them.
I have been kicking myself for not taking pictures when she was here. There were so many opportunities, I just didn't have my camera (kick, kick). So, to appease my conscience I have added a couple of pictures of my sweet little nephews from Grey's birthday last June. I love you, Lib, and your sweet little boys. Thank you for braving a 14+ hour trip to visit...and escape Gustav. Josiah, Greyson (who is eating some incredibly orange frosting), and CooperLib (who is washing off Gavin's hand), Ezra, my mom-in-law Wendy, Greyson, Cooper, Phillip and Josiah

8 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Hooray for unexpected surprises! I wish a hurricane would bring my family to ohio! Is there a chance, you think? ;o)

The DeVito's said...

I love sisters! I'm trying to figure out a way to go to UT to see mine! Those are darling kids!

Alabama Apples said...

Thanks for missing us. I sure miss you (hence the absence of a similar blog...I don't have the energy and missing you makes me sad). Thanks for the giggles and fun...for the boys as well ;). Give your babies kisses fromt their Auntie...I LOVE you all!!!!

whitney said...

Ahhh, it was so much fun to see them! Nothing's nearly as much fun as a stolen vacation. You're right-that is very orange cereal.

whitney said...

umm...I meant frosting, not cereal. I'm not sure where that came from exactly :P

Jess said...

How fun!!! its like being snowed in!! the bigger the family the more fun! Glad you guys had such a good time...

Tiffany said...

I love the comments you leave me. One day I will get to blog about new and exciting things in my life it seems now I'm just venting. Thank you for your sweet words.

Coty said...

okay so i loved the post...sisters are wonderful, but it got even better when i read whitneys comments...it's so true to life. she was probably side tracked thinking about her hungry tummy while she left that comment...i was seriously laughing sooo hard. you guys are the best.