About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Saturday Escape

For some ugly reason Blogger and I don't have an understanding... I have been running into picture moving problems nearly every time that I have posted. I was able to move one...and then the rest refuse to move. So, as in many of my recent posts...these pictures should have been at the end. *sigh*
Greyson, Cooper, me and Ella outside of Pops after the boys had raced
Phillip and Grey (notice Grey's dinner made a home on his face)
Cooper proudly showing us his beautifully colored menu
Ella enjoying the diner and her set of yogurt bites...yum-yum!
Greyson studiously coloring his menu...isn't he focused :)
The kiddos in front of a window that displays rows and rows of pop. They all have a funny expression on their face (as their mother, I find it humorous)
With the weather being infiltrated with hurricane rain it has been quite dreary around here. Saturday we were looking for a little bit of an escape. So, on the word of a couple of

friends we decided to take a little trip to Arcadia, Ok. There is a gas station that has been rejuvenated into something very modern and very fun. On Route 66 you can find a bigger-than-life pop bottle (straw included) and more kinds of pop than you could even imagine. That is the place that we came to see. When I told Cooper before we left that we were going somewhere fun, he tried to guess. Naturally, he didn't come even close. So, he asked for a hint and I said, "a gas station!". He was aghast and said that I was not telling the truth. I giggled and said that I was very serious...and it was going to be a lot of fun. Both of the boys were not optimistic about the whole deal. When they got there they definitely sang a different tune. It was so much fun and something you would never expect to run into right off of the interstate. On one side there is a diner, that we decided to eat at, and on the other side are rows and rows of pop. We each chose a pop to try and a couple extras. There was an area outside in the back where you can stretch your legs and even eat if the weather permits. The boys decided that they needed to race the stretch of grass. I was a little worried that Cooper would slip and fall because he was only wearing flip-flops and the grass was wet from the rain. But, he was determined that he was going to race...and win. It was hilarious watching him try to run. When he finally got back to us he was still wearing his sandal...sideways. I guess you gotta give him an "A" for his gumption.
After we ate we decided that it was time to go. It was a fun little getaway, and for me, it was fun to imagine what the gas station was before it was "Pops" back when Route 66 was in it's glory days.
Oh, I have to mention that we ran into Coty and her cutie, little family. It was on her word and another friend's recommendation, so it was fun to see them. Thanks Coty and Melissa for the idea!!

The boys racing outside

15 comments:

Jules said...

Sound like such a fun place to go! Your kids look like they had a great time. They are such cuties!

Aubrey said...

Sounds like you had fun - and I really like your new background, it's so pretty.

Chambers Clan said...

What a great idea! Sorry it's been raining so much. The kids are so cute. I love how your son didn't believe you when you said a "gas station." I love those kind of outings.

Maria said...

What a fun trip! I need to find something like that around here!

Mamapierce said...

Such cute pictures! You know - my friend introduced me to HP Photosmart Essential (you can download it off the HP website) and you can create a collage of pictures and then upload it as one image. Perhaps that might help with the blog-picture-loading problem. :o)

The DeVito's said...

Looks like you had a great time! I can't wait until Bella is old enough to bring her to fun places and she enjoys it!

Alabama Apples said...

I loved the pics! Such a beautiful family...and I'm NOT biased at all!!!!! Thanks for my family fix...it was just what the Auntie needed for a smile to appear. I love you!

Lively Luckinbills said...

Fun! Fun! It would be quite the drive though. It would be nice to have that change in scenery and just do something different once and awhile. I don't know how you get your kids to smile so well for the camera. Mine were born with the "look away as I take the picture" genes.

whitney said...

I sooo have to try that place. You know how my kids love their sugary drinks ;). As for the picture in front of the pop bottles, you're right-they do all have funny expressions on their faces. It makes me laugh b/c they fit them oh-so-well.

Jenny said...

How fun! I wish I knew of all these little odds 'n ends places around Utah to take Pearl to. Oh and your boys sure look a lot like you!!! And how on earth do you get Ella to leave her cute hair alone?

Alabama Apples said...

Okay, I just had to look at your darling faces again. I MISS you!

Coty said...

your family is so cute and it was fun seeing you there [a little embarrassing that i happened to be stuffing my face with apple pie], you guys are seriously such a cute family. stephanie, your family is so photogenic (sp).

Jess said...

Fun trip! What a great way to make memories with your kids! and I have to say that I can never get the pictures and text to do what I want!!

Melissa said...

I thought I had already left you a comment, but I see that I didn't. I'm SO glad you guys went to Pops! I'm even more glad that your boys thought that the "gas station" was worth it. It is such a fun place!

Unknown said...

Grandpa and I checked out Pops not long after it opened and the lines were very long. We also drove on down the street about a half mile or so and stopped by the famous Arcadia red round barn. Next time make sure you make that part of your adventure. Be sure you go up to the second floor and look at the ceiling. It is very neat!