About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 16, 2008

My Little Mugs

Phillip pointed out that I hadn't posted pictures of my little ones lately. I have to admit, I hate posting pictures. I only have a little bit of time to myself everyday and when I finally get around to my blog, posting pictures takes me forever. I don't know why, it just does. But, I recently took my kids to the OSU Botanical Gardens to take a few pictures of them for Father's Day and to update their pictures have on my wall in an arrangement. Now, I love taking their pictures, I really do, but after this time I swore I would NEVER do it again. It was a nightmare. Cooper has come to the age where he can't figure out how to smile on cue. After me nearly pulling out my hair over is half-crooked, not really smiles, he told me that he lost his smile. I felt horrible. I explained that he didn't loose his beautiful smile (he has one of the best that I have ever seen), that it's still there, he was just trying too hard. He did eventually figure it out (horray!). Now Greyson, as opposed to Coop, didn't really care all that much. He did give it an effort...kinda...but then when he didn't care, he just didn't try. Then there was Ella. I took my kids in the evening, when there was shade. A great idea, if it isn't bedtime. Ella loudly let me know she hates grass and would much rather play with the blanket I put her on then look up and smile on cue (go figure). I looked like a three-ringed-circus out there trying to get all three of my children to actually look at me and smile all at once. A HUGE feat, I have decided. I have gone to the Botanical Garden nearly every year since Cooper was 18 mos. old and I have always walked away with some beautiful pictures. This year wasn't an exception, but I was beat and I really don't know if I can do it again. We'll see, I may have to come up with another gameplan. Well, here you go...the good, the bad and the ugly...there was quite a few more...but I thought I would spare you. ;)

Can I say, pull my hair out??!!

10 comments:

The DeVito's said...

They are beautiful! I can't figure out who they look like more, you or Phillip. I think they are all exactly both of you.

Jules said...

What gorgeous pictures, Stephanie! Your kids are adorable, and growing up so fast. We love reading your blog, thanks to Mack sending us the links :) You can check out our blog if you want at http://nateandjules.blogspot.com/
Love you!

Anonymous said...

your kids are sooooo adorable! you are a lucky mom! good job with the camera too!

Melissa said...

Those are GREAT shots! You don't need to complain! Well you can still complain, I know how hard it is, but don't know how hard 3 is- you did a great job. I love the botanical gardens!! We really need to get out there soon!

Mack Daddy said...

oh my sweet sister it is ok your kids can be a pain but no matter what any one says they do look dang good in pics lol

Sandy said...

Your kids are beautiful and you got some great pictures.

Alabama Apples said...

Fab pictures!!!!

whitney said...

Even with the good, the bad, and the ugly, your children still ended up looking absolutely adorable. In fact, I don't believe it's possible for them to look any other way-seriously. Although, that one w/all three of them (ya know, the really bad one), made me laugh so hard.

Coty said...

oh, your kiddies are cuties!!!
don't you jus secretly adore the onery-ness lol.

Alabama Apples said...

I just had to comment again...that picture of the weird faces cracks me up! It seems like their personalities were caught. Hee hee! I sure miss you all!!!