About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Soccer and some Singin'

Not too much has been going on here. We are just adjusting to life in general. But, I did want to share a couple of fun things that my boys have been involved in.
In Amarillo most of the soccer teams have either practice and/or games on Sunday. I was told by a friend at church that there is a team called Upward Soccer where they practice and have games on days other than Sunday. We were thrilled to get the boys into soccer here and onto teams that had the same standards as we have and teach good principles. My boys, for the most part, really enjoy soccer and we have told them that everyone has an important place on the team. Let's just say we don't necessarily have a couple of David Beckham's on our hands. ;)We have found though, that Cooper uses his size (it's a 1st and 2nd grade team and he is a 2nd grader. Not to mention he is taller than his team mates) to get into the pack. Then he "muscles" the ball out, and Greyson is pretty quick. He defends the ball and does a pretty good job of stealing the ball and turning it around towards their goal. They do try hard and I am really proud of them and enjoy watching them play.

Cooper waiting and watching Greyson's team before he plays.

Cooper "muscling" his way into the pack.


Going after that ball!

Greyson during his game while he sits out to let all team mates play. The sun was really bright...the smile and the contorted face explains that real well.

Greyson getting in there and playing.

Greyson and his team. He's the boy on the far right (our right).

Another fun thing that has been going on is the boys' elementary school dedication. I actually went to it this morning, so these pictures are "hot off the press today". :) When we moved here we had no idea that the boys would get to go to a brand-spankin' new school. Through a bit of "tweaking" they were able to attend and they are really enjoying it. I am amazed how "smart" the school is. They have Smart Boards and other highly electronic things. I think back (and I'm not that old) and remember the actual blackboard and chalk that I used. I am quite pleased how technical the school is, they really seemed to be interested in giving the best education my boys can get. Today at Hillside Elementary School's dedication we were able to hear from Amarillo's mayor, the state representative, the Canyon School District President and other highly visible people of Texas. I thought it was pretty neat they made priority in their schedules for the dedication. I must say, above all the pomp and circumstance I enjoyed the picture slide show with music (I don't know what it is about music and pictures, but it always makes me want to cry) and the kids' song. I know they had been practicing the song for quite awhile, because Cooper and Grey have been singing it at home. It was really beautiful and it made my heart swell so big to see my boys sing their hearts out. I thought that it would pop right out of my chest.Here is Cooper singing his little heart out.Greyson while he was waiting for their part to sing.

Here's Cooper singing and doing the arm motions to go with the song.

It has been fun watching and supporting my boys in their activities. It helps me remember what good boys they are and how I am blessed to be their mother.

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

How fun - your kids are so cute.

Jules said...

Cute little guys! How fun you have Smart boards in your school. We've had them in our school the last three years and I think they are amazing. Too bad they weren't around when we were young'uns. Oh, and I love your background. =)

whitney said...

Ahhh, your boys and their singing...it just makes my heart melt. yay! for fun soccer games! I know eventually I'll put ezra into something fun like that...but for the time being, swimming lessons more than filled that quota, right? ;)

Alabama Apples said...

Hooray for your boys and their mean soccer playing!! Grey actually looks like he enjoys going-that's great! I love the pictures of Coop singing. What a doll!

Jenny said...

Once you become a soccer mom there is never going back!!! My parents spent many a weekend, holiday, and vacation on soccer tournaments. Now I really appreciate all the time it took them to keep us happy!

Gardners said...

What fun! Those are good-looking kids. Isn't Amarillo great?

Rebecca said...

Hi Stephanie! Yes, I'd love to keep updated with you and your family too! I didn't know you had a blog, so it was fun skimming through it and seeing your beautiful children. We hope you're enjoying Texas!

Chambers Clan said...

I love those soccer pictures. Your boys are so cute. Thanks for the tip on goopy eyes. I'll try it! I'm always petrified of pink eye, because if I get it I have to wear glasses:( What fun to be in a brand new school. I have to root for Texas schools! They are great:)