About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pigs Must Be Flying...

'cause I am finally posting! I know, I know I have been such a slacker. Between going to my sis' and the winter blah's my blogging has suffered. So...here's a post and to say it's late is a huge understatement.
During my hiatus a couple of my very favorite people had birthdays. Phillip and Cooper both celebrated another year. Cooper is now a big seven year old. He is growing so much. I can't hardly believe it. I look at him with his wrist watch, chapter books and toothless smile and I can't help but feel so proud to be his mother. He is such a special boy and I am so lucky to be his mom. Because it's been sooooo long I decided to shake things up. Instead of a travel log I wanted to tell everyone 10 reasons I think they are special.

Cooper is special because:
1. He is a wonderful son. He loves to help out. He'll ask me if he can carry the diaper bag while I carry Ella. He is such a helper and I couldn't get around without him.

2. He loves music. He sings beautifully. I love to hear him sing Primary songs. He is like a ray of light when he sings and it often chokes me up. Cooper is so pure when he is singing and it is one of my very favorite sounds in the world.

3. He is an excellent reader. Cooper was one of the very earliest readers in his class and he reads very well. It has been a joy to watch him develop and grow. This has been one of my favorite things to watch bloom.

4. Cooper loves to learn. He strives to do more and be more. He is excited to memorize The Articles of Faith in Primary. He has an excellent memory and so he loves the challenge to memorize them all.

5. He likes to be creative. Cooper enjoys doing "crafts" and creating. He loves to build tents and then "decorate" the inside with all sorts of pictures and toys. Fun for him... a bit of a clean-up job for me and Phillip. ;)

6. Cooper loves the scriptures. He is eager to have them read to him every night and has been enjoying reading them himself. Phillip and I planned on giving him a set of scriptures for his 8th birthday but decided he was ready for him this birthday. He loves to read them and look at the pictures.

7. Cooper is a wonderful brother. He enjoys playing with Greyson. They enjoy riding bikes together and he'll read Grey books. Cooper is very sweet to Ella. He will watch over her and make sure that she isn't getting into any trouble. He is always very excited at the thought of more children to come into our family, as well.

8. He has a sense of style. This may sound a but funny, but it is something that is just "Cooper". It was something that just came with him. He loves to look nice and he has a sense of what goes well together. It is fun to watch him pick out his own clothes...and they generally match quite well.

9. Cooper is very sweet. He loves to pick flowers...well flowering weeds that are in our yard and give them to me. He is never embarrassed to tell me he loves me and hold my hand in public. This all may change in the future...but I think that he will still be as loving. He often will tell me that he loves me and gives me a hug without my initiation.

10. He sleeps very well. Another thing that may sound a bit silly, but is innately Cooper. He has been a very excellent sleeper since he was little. He liked his naps when he was young and would reach for his crib when it was nap time. He doesn't overly complain about bedtime even now and when it's "lights out" he will be asleep soon after. It has always been a relief and a blessing to me to know that I don't have to struggle with him at bedtime.
I love you, my sweet boy!!

Cooper and his Mimi...aren't they beautiful?!


Everyone at Cooper's birthday celebration. We gathered at Incredible Pizza in OKC

Cooper on the bumper cars at Incredible Pizza.

Cooper ready to open his presents on his birthday morning.

Me, Uncle Mack and Cooper at Incredible Pizza.

Cooper and Grandma...so sweet.
Phillip had a birthday that followed a few days later. Ten reasons that Phillip is special.

Phillip is special because:

1. Phillip always wants to help. He would do anything that I asked him. He wants to make my life easier any way that he can. He hasn't just done this just for me either. When his mom was the apple of his eye he was there to help her, too. She was the Stake YW pres for 10 years and he would go up to Girl's Camp and help set up and then come back after it was over and help take down. He would come early and stay late for church dances as well to helo set up and take down. He loves to serve, especially his loved ones.


2. Phillip is a worthy priesthood holder. He is always very willing to give a blessing or pass the sacrament whenever needed. I am grateful for the priesthood in my home and I couldn't have it without my husband.

3. Phillip also has a sense of style...and I love it. I rarely have to "help" my husband pick out an outfit. He is a very smart dresser. He enjoys looking nice.

4. I have never met another person that loves a good deal...and can find them like my husband. He will rival any other early morning garage seller out there. He is soooo sweet and will usually take the kids (yes, all three of them) on Saturday mornings and go hunt for a good deal. He loves the steals and deals out there and the chance to give his wife...me *beam* a chance to sleep in...I know!! What a guy!!

5. Phillip is an excellent teacher. I love watching him teach. It has been a treat for me to be able to sit in on his Sunday School lessons. He truly cares about his students, whether they be at church or at a university. He wants them to succeed and his teaching reflects that.

6. Phillip is great with children. He will get up with the kids in the middle of the night and help them. He has taken it upon himself to put the boys to bed while I put Ella to bed. He will get up with Greyson (countless times, sometimes) and take him potty or with Cooper and rub his legs if he gets leg cramps. There is also no one that can swaddle a newborn like he can.

7. He is always very supportive of me. Phillip lets me be me. If I wanted to dye my hair blue and work a 40 hour week out of the home he would let me. I choose to have blond hair and stay at home because that what I want...not because my husband has ever pressured me. He also lets me flourish in my home. He supports my love of decorating my home. He understand it's my castle and lets me reflect who we are through the decorations.

8. Phillip loves to be with me....and I love being with him. We are happiest when we are together. It's been that way since we met. We spend as much time together as we can.

9. Phillip and I are very in sync with our taste. We generally enjoy the same music, food, style, etc. It is fun to know that when I choose something, my husband will like it too.

10. He wants to support me and our family. It is very important to him that we have a home, food and clothing. He tries very hard to not only meet our needs but let us enjoy life as well. I am very grateful for Phillip's education and his sacrifice to earn it.

Phillip blowing out his candle on his "itty-bitty" cake.

I love my boys and am so very blessed to have them in my life. I hope they had wonderful birthdays. I love you Phillip and Cooper!!

10 comments:

The DeVito's said...

What a great post! Happy birthday Cooper and Philip! It's about time you posted, Steph. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Lively Luckinbills said...

How sweet! You all looked so cute/beautiful!! I also love reading your travel blogs;)

Jules said...

This is a nice post and I love the title especially! I love how you wrote about Cooper and Phillip. They both sound like such amazing people. I wish we were able to see you guys more and get to know all of your family better. Happy birthday to Cooper and Phillip!

whitney said...

You DO have such sweet guys in your life! Cooper is one of the sweetest, best-dressed seven year olds I know! Phillip too is just the nicest guy ever. Plus, he finds me fabulous things at garages sales...a truly great talent. I'm so glad you married him.

Cynthia Mann said...

Oh, how sweet! You have such a wonderful family. Happy birthday to both Cooper and Philip! Thanks for sharing more about them.

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday - Phillip is a great teacher. Because of him I now understand Real Estate. :)

Mamapierce said...

Happy Birthday Cooper! I wish I could hear you sing!

Happy Birthday Phillip - you're such a great husband and father! Awesome!

Alabama Apples said...

Oooh, I liked this post. You do have fabulous boys in your family. I love listening to Coop sing and I can't wait to see him when we come. I know he has grown up tons.

I love Phillip too. I couldn't wish for a better brother. He truly is my brother. I know he loves me and is there for my family if we ever needed him. I adore the way he adores you and wants things to be better for you.

Give your boys hugs from me. They truly are wonderful!!!

Jenny said...

Very sweet post! Your little boy looks just like you...must be why he looks perfect and well-dressed.

Unknown said...

And now for your birthday today Stephanie, here are my ten reasons why I love you and am glad Phillip chose you for his wife…

1. You are well-founded in the gospel and along with Phillip; you are passing this along to my precious grandchildren.
2. You love my son, recognize and appreciate his wonderful qualities. (Gosh, is it any wonder why I miss Phillip?)
3. You are very creative and love to help make things beautiful, and on many occasions (weddings and so forth) have happily helped me get it all together.
4. You are doing a wonderful job of mothering my grandchildren. Your career choice of serving your family pleases me and I know will bring you much joy when you only have the memories to look back on.
5. You take lots of pictures of your family and make sure G-ma and G-pa have regular updates of the G-kids.
6. You welcome and appreciate the garage sale treasures Phil brings home. You like very nice things but are open to and willing to reuse and redo. You make your home a very lovely place.
7. You always give me very thoughtful gifts, things you know I will enjoy and treasure.
8. You are easy to buy gifts for…just send $$$. (I’m not as clever as you in that department, but I do know you love to shop!)
9. You always look very pretty, nicely dressed and well-groomed, and have very good manners too. On many occasions I have received an unexpected but much appreciated thank-you note for some little thing.
10. Did I mention that after all your married years, you still love my son!!!! Someday you’ll know how important that is to a mother-in-law!

Thanks for all you do Stephanie and I hope you have a wonderful birthday! ($$$ to come soon!)
Love you,
MOM Humphrey