About Me

What We Believe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Widget_logo
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!!

While there are sooo many posts that I need to catch up on right now, I didn't want this one to fall through the cracks. With Ella's birthday being so close to Halloween I could see it happen. So, first things first.
My baby girl turned two. Can you believe it?!! In some ways I can...seeing that she has two cousins, that she adores, that have already turned the "big 2" so, she wasn't too far behind, but then again it's odd because I feel like she is still my baby in some ways. I can still remember wanting her in our family for so long and then being blessed to carry her for 9 months. We were all so excited to welcome Ella into our family. We ached for her. There was so much anticipation for Ella's birth...not only because she was our first girl, and all the fun things that come with that, but she was another blessing to join our family. She has been a joy and a learning experience for all of us since she was born. She is naturally a nurturer, a mother. She loves her babies and will dote on them. She also loves the fun and frills of being a girl. It is fun to have a daughter who gets excited over shoes and bows as much as I do. Ella also is an opinionated little one. She knows what she wants. I am learning Ella also has a "strength of spirit". Hopefully, she will be a pillar of strength for the right. That being said, she is quite shy and will hang back to be with Momma. I usually don't mind too much, as we have become quite good pals. :) Once someone has gained Ella's trust she is generally pretty loyal...it just takes her a while to warm up. :)
I can't imagine my existence with out my sweet Ella-Bell. She makes my heart sing and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my sweet daughter. Happy birthday my beautiful little one.Here is Ella before she opens all of her presents.Hmmm, could this be what I think it is??
Ella is feeding her baby doll in her brand new sling (thank you Auntie Libby and Auntie Whitty!!) while properly adorned in her tiara. Hmmm, maybe she has something there... If I walked around in a crown while parenting maybe I would get the proper respect I deserve...;) Tiara (check), tu-tu (check), favorite toys (check), cell phone (check)...one satisfied little girl. The boys on Ella's birthday...they wanted some TLC, too. ;)We were also surprised with snow on Ella's birthday. Crazy weather, I tell 'ya, crazy!! Per birthday tradition we went out to eat on Ella's birthday. We went "high class" and went to Burger King. She did enjoy the play gym and yummo...the mac n' cheese!!
Poor little girl hasn't been feeling well...so, she hasn't exactly been in the mood to smile at the camera. Thus, the pictures have suffered a bit. *sigh* Oh well. :)

Phillip helping Ella blow out her candles, as she hasn't quiet mastered her extinguishing skills.

Yummo...chocolate cake (no shame in that bite, either! ;)!

Happy birthday sweet girl...and here's to many more!!

9 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

LOVE IT!!! I love her tutu and her tights. What a doll! We sure love Ella and her quiet determined personality. She adds variety to our loud craziness of a family. We hang on every word she whispers. :) I love how the picture of her feeding her baby is Ella to a T. I love the tiara! I think I need to invest in one. I DO think she has the right idea1 ;)

Love the Burger King bum shot. Too adorable! I love how she is loving her cake, yum!

Happy Birthday, Ella!!! Auntie Lib and family love you!!!

whitney said...

Ella is the only 2 year old I know who, when given a chance to smear a big ol' bite of chocolate cake everywhere would eat it daintily w/a fork ;)

LOVE the tutu! It turned out so cute. I think I'm going to have to try out the tutu as skirts for Christmas for the girls.

Miss Ella Belle is so special and beautiful! She is one of Georgia's very favorite people in the whole wide world. Anytime she talks to someone on the phone, you can guarantee that's nearly always who she's talking to. Ella is also the only way we get her to do her hair, basically ever.

yay! yay! for lovely Miss Ella. Happy birthday, beautiful girl!

Annie said...

So cute! I love the little sling - I can see that she knows exactly what to do with everything. And the tiara... what a little princess!

Carrie said...

So cute!! Did your sisters make the sling?? What a great idea! I think I might have to make one for Bree...she would love to carry her baby around. I loved the tutu it turned out great!

Unknown said...

2 is such a FUN age, especially with little girls :) what a fun year you have ahead of you with her! That tutu was super cute!

sharon said...

Happy Birthday little Ella! Can't believe she is already two. My how times fly!!! Hope all is going well for you and your family in Texas.

holly said...

What a fun birthday for Ella. Little girls are the best for playing dress up with. Your kids are so cute.

holyoak said...

What a cute little ending for a princess fairtale ;) (Mom says no one would get it... I was referring to the picture with her heading into the play land tunnel... of course!!

I hate to sound too old man-like, but I recall coming home from a trip to PA with a cute little blouse for a two-year old daughter who promptly said it was "lugly" I guess "she knew what she wanted" too! Hee, hee, hee (mother's addition; I don't hee, hee)

We love you!

Unknown said...

Very cute. I love the pictures. Looks like everyone is doing well. Miss you all!